Toronto Child Custody Lawyers
When a marriage or relationship between two parents breaks down, typically one parent is left devastated, fighting to remain in contact with his or her child. Many times, it is the father whom the court does not favour. The legal proceedings and events that follow can affect you and your child for the rest of your lives. As a father of seven children and grandfather of many, Gene C. Colman understands the gravity of child custody and access matters.
If you are concerned about losing your right to spend time with your children, speak to a knowledgeable family lawyer. Though some lawyers may tell you that you have no choice but to comply with the default custody and access arrangements, exceptions to the standard can be made in certain cases.
Until I sought the legal counsel of Mr. Colman, I was unable to gain the amount of access to my child that I wanted, but after retaining Mr. Colman I quickly had the results I needed.
Chris – Pickering, Ont.
Contact Gene C. Colman Family Law Centre to learn about how we can fight for your right to an equal parenting arrangement.
Ontario Child Visitation Law Firm
We welcome those who are just starting out with the legal process and those who want to ensure that they are able to remain a part of their children’s lives. We also welcome those who seek a second objective opinion with respect to their case. Some clients come to us as a last resort. They have tried everything to obtain child access, commonly referred to as visitation, and equal parenting rights. They are frustrated, angry and frightened of losing their children. Now matter what stage your case is at, we at the Gene C. Colman Family Law Centre know how important it is to have frequent contact with your child. Seeing your child once every second weekend is simply not enough time to sustain a strong relationship and prevent parental alienation.
If you are being denied overnight access to your infant child, do not assume that this is correct, just, fair, or in your infant’s best interests. Establishing strong bonds with your young child from the outset is important in the eyes of some judges.
If you are disappointed with the system or you just want to protect your kids’ rights to have a decent relationship with you, then contact our Toronto child custody lawyers to arrange a consultation. We are active in the fathers’ rights movement and we are committed to achieving optimal results for every client.
Some of our Blog Posts Relating to Child Custody and Access
We have over 20 blog posts on this topic. For a complete list click here.
- Equal Shared Parenting – Child Custody Interim Motion
- Child Custody Laws Need Sea Shift Social Policy Changes
- Motions to Change and Material Change in Circumstances – The Passage of Time is Just Not Enough to Prompt a Change in Residential Time
- Child Custody and Access: Interference With Child Access
- Breastfeeding: Deny Parenting Time Access to Dad?
Custody and Access Articles by Gene C. Colman
- “Equal Shared Parenting International Innovations: Evaluating Myths and Stereotypes”, Presentation to the 56th Annual International Conference of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Toronto, 31 May 2019
- Colman’s Equal Shared Parenting Thought of the Day
- Report from Glenn Cheriton Re 2nd International Conference on Shared Parenting
- Overnight Access for Young Children
- Leading the “Right” Evidence in Your Custody – Access Case
- Custody/Access Assessments
- Joint Custody Case Summaries From 2001
- Mobility Rights
- Miss Access Twice and it is Suspended