Understanding Your Financial Obligation To Your Child
For over 40 years, the Gene C. Colman Family Law Centre has provided Toronto residents dedicated family law representation. This includes regularly assisting mothers and fathers in establishing and modifying child support agreements. Located in Toronto, our law firm diligently pursues your interests to arrive at the best possible result. Our goal is to put the needs of the child first.
Gene stressed that he wanted what was best for the children, while at the same time gaining a fair and equitable solution to the conflict.
Dave – Toronto, Ont.
Extensive Understanding Of The Child Support Guidelines
Ontario child support calculations are generally a reflection of the support payor’s income. Your income generally determines what base or “table amount” you are obligated to pay. These calculations also take into consideration the number of children you have. But while the Child Support Guidelines provide direction regarding payments, deviations sometimes are necessary. Special circumstances sometimes change things.
There are exceptions to the general every day scheme of the Child Support Guidelines concerning unique custody and access situations. Also, special rules regarding payments are applicable when it comes to equal access time. These rules include the evaluation of special and extraordinary expenses, also known as “section 7 expenses”.
Gene C. Colman is a respected authority concerning child support issues. His critique of the child support system has led to changes in the interpretation of child support laws. He and his skilled team understand how to negotiate effectively on your behalf.
Call Our Legal Team Today
Speak to Gene C. Colman, a reputable Toronto child support lawyer, by calling 888-389-3099. You can also contact our office by email.
Some of our Blog Posts relating to Child Support
- Child Support for ‘Adult’ Kids – How Long?
- Retroactive Child Support
- Pitfalls of Simply Registering Separation Agreements
Child Support Articles by Gene C. Colman
Child Support Guidelines Articles
- Emerging Trends in Child Support
- A Critical Analysis of the Contino Case, quoted favourably by the Supreme Court of Canada
- Second Families and the CSG – A Call For Reform
- Variation under the Child Support Guidelines
- The Fixed Formula: THE REALITY BEHIND THE GOVERNMENT LINE
- “Undue Hardship” produces conflicting decisions
- Overview of the Guidelines circa. 1996
Child Support Advocate Daily Articles
- Timing, circumstances dictate child support for adult children
- Colman’s client recovers more than $60,000 in support
- Can child support arrears be cancelled? – an update