Gloria obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Ottawa in 2015. While in law school, she sharpened her oral and written advocacy skills by participating in several moot competitions, including:
- The Julius Alexander Isaac National Moot, where she placed second and won the Best Factum Award; and,
- Nelligan O’Brien Payne Common Law Moot.
Gloria developed a passion for family law while articling. During that period, she helped clients navigate the complexities of the legal system by:
- Appearing on their behalf in the Ontario Court of Justice and Unified Family Court;
- Providing information and representation during family, criminal, and administrative matters; and,
- Drafting family and child protection pleadings.
Her experience is not limited to family law. While in law school, she interned with a criminal law practitioner and a boutique family, immigration, wills, estates, and personal injury law firm.
Gloria also completed a special assignment with the Ottawa Crown Attorney’s Office and was selected by the Toronto Regional Champions Program, to serve as protégée to the City Councillor for York Centre – Ward 9 (where she currently lives).
More recently, Gloria continues to volunteer her time for various organizations and events such as the Osgoode Cup National Undergraduate Moot Competition, where she was a guest judge. She is also currently a Peer Volunteer with the Law Society of Ontario’s Member Assistance Program.
Gloria is a compassionate and client-focused lawyer who joined the Gene C. Colman Family Law Centre following her call to the Ontario Bar in 2016.
In her spare time, she enjoys listening to political and true crime podcasts, as well as exploring Ontario’s charming trails and parks.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Ontario, 2016
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Juris Doctor – 2015
- Ryerson University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Arteries Research Conference, Ryerson University , 2011 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Julius Alexander Issac Moot: Best Factum Award
- Honourable Marjory LeBreton Scholarship
- Deans Award: Denis Mock
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Advocates Society, Member, 2018 – Present
- Ontario Bar Association , Member, 2016 – Present
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers, Member, 2016 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Aid Ontario (Duty Counsel, Clinic and Head Office, Articling Student, 2015 – 2016
- Cudjoe Criminal Law, Summer Student, June 1, 2014 – August 31, 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Students Canada Volunteer Researcher , 2015